Online *P.H.A.N. Newsletter for Parents, Friends, and Students
(*Particularly Helpful Announcements and News)
Earth Day Eve -- Friday, April 21, 2017
Friday, April 21
- Sr. High varsity track at St. John has been postponed until Monday.
- Sr. High JV softball with Chaparral has been cancelled. Make-up date is not yet available.
Saturday, April 22 -- EARTH DAY!
- Sr. High forensics will travel to Rose Hill for Regionals. The team will leave at 6 a.m. and return about 3:30 p.m.
Monday, April 24
- Sr. High varsity track will travel to St. John for their rescheduled 4 p.m. meet. The team will leave at 2 p.m. and return about 8 p.m.
- Sr. High varsity softball and baseball will travel to Cheney to for games with Chaparral and Cheney, at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. The teams will leave at 11:15 a.m. and return about 10:45 p.m.
Tuesday, April 25
- Sr. High National Honor Society Induction, 7 p.m. (Please note that this is a change from the District calendar.)
- Jr. High track will travel to Cheney for a 2 p.m. competition. The teams will leave at 11:30 a.m. and return about 9 p.m.
Wednesday, April 26
- Sr. High art classes will travel to their CPL Art Show at Wichita Independence. The group will leave at 8:20 a.m. and return about 3:50 p.m.
Thursday, April 27
- Sr. High varsity track will host their meet, starting at 4 p.m.
Friday, April 28
- Sr. High JV and varsity golf will travel to Chaparral for a 12:30 p.m.meet. The team will leave at 10:15 a.m. and return about 7:15 p.m.
Monday, May 1
- Sr. High golf will travel to Cheney for a 1 p.m. competition. The team will leave at 10 a.m. and return about 9 p.m.
- Sr. High varsity baseball and softball will travel to Independent for 4 p.m. games. The teams will leave at 12:45 p.m.
Tuesday, May 2
- Senior Skip Day for those who completed the required paperwork.
- Sr. High JV softball will host Belle Plaine to games starting at 4 p.m.
- Jr. High field trip to Wichita. The group will leave at 8 a.m. and return about 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, May 3
- Senior Awards Night at the Methodist Church at 6 p.m.
- Baccalaureate at the Methodist Church at 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 4
- Senior Breakfast at the First Christian Church, 8 a.m.
- Sr. High varsity softball and baseball will travel to Belle Plaine for games starting at 3 p.m. The teams will leave at 12:15 p.m.
Friday, May 5
- Sr. High varsity track will travel to Ellinwood for a 4 p.m. meet.
- Sr. High JV softball will host Cneney to games starting at 4 p.m.
- Sr. High forensics will leave for their State competition in Wichita.
Saturday, May 6
- Sr. High State forensics at Wichita
Monday, May 8
- Sr. High varsity golf will travel to Pratt for a 3 p.m. meet.
- Sr. High JV track will travel to Douglass for a 3 p.m. meet.
- Sr. High softball and baseball will travel to Wichita Trinity to games starting at 3 p.m.
- Board of Education meeting, 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, May 9
- Fine Arts and Industrial Arts Show, 6 p.m.
Notes from Our Counselor Mrs. Theis
- College option for American History -- JUNIORS are REQUIRED to take American History. Mr. Ybarra teaches that course. Next year Mr. Sill will be offering a college credit American History course through PCC. Either one of these courses will count for high school credit. Next year’s Seniors are able to take Mr. Sill’s college credit American History course. See Mrs. Theis by TODAY if you want to take American History with Mr. Sill for college credit. If she doesn’t hear from you, she will keep you enrolled in high school American History with Mr. Ybarra.
- Medicine Lodge Ministerial scholarship is available to a student writing on the topic "How Jesus Makes a Difference in My Life" to be read at Baccalaureate. Deadline is this coming Monday to Pastor Tom Walters. More info is available from Mrs. Theis.
- O'Brate Foundation scholarship application is available at https://obrate.fluidreview.com Qualifications include financial need, minimum of 2.5 GPA, and determination to succeed. Forty scholarships of $1000 to $5000 will be awarded. Deadline is May 1.
- ALL scholarships that have been listed here since September are listed on our section of the usd254.org website. This website of scholarship information from Mrs. Theis is updated every week.
Miscellaneous School and Community Notes
- 8th grade boys need to give the office of Mrs. Cargill $10 ASAP so food can be ordered for the 8th grade campout.
- Senior announcements are in the office for those who ordered them.
- Heritage Center Players (including several of our students!) will be presenting "Dirty Work Afoot or How to Dig Your Fortune in Ten Easy Lessons" on April 28-29 at 7:30 p.m. and on April 30 for a popcorn matinee at 2 p.m. Tickets may be purchased at the door.
- Set of keys with Batman logo was found in front of the school.
Luke Fisher Deagan McGrath
Anna Johnson Troy Smith
Amanda Davis Courtney Degenhardt
Shiloh Carr Aalyson Collins Joey Davis
Freshman: Julienne Davis
Juniors: Aaleyah Finch
- SENIOR pictures need to be turned in to Mrs. Dohrmann from these seniors:
- Spring picture packet money or packets was due March 10. These students need to bring in their money or picture packets:
- From Mrs. Burden: Parents of High School and Middle School music students: your student was given (and emailed) a list of the remaining music events for the spring and other important info! If you did not get this, please email me for a copy!
- The weekly MLJSHS P.H.A.N. Newsletter is posted on the USD 254 website at usd254.org each Friday morning.